Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

Oh, how great it is to be able to recognize and know the goodness and mercy of God in and through all things. This year makes it even harder to see the goodness and mercy of God because of everything that is happening, yet it is our greatest weapon to withstand everything with contentment.

I am sure that, like me, many of your plans from the start of 2020 have not gone as you expected. None of us saw this coming, but we ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that” James 4:15. When you include God in your planning it will help leave room for any surprises. Surprises always come when, yet God is already aware of any surprises and knows what steps to take if only you trust in Him and His timing.

Photo by Debby Hudson on Unsplash

Waiting with Patience & Thanksgiving

Waiting is part of life just as breathing is part of living. We are always waiting for one thing or another, and sometimes multiple things at once. Thanksgiving can keep your mind from wandering with doubts or uncertainty. If we have to go by our feelings we’ll be missing a lot from God.

Negative emotions and feelings are on the rise. It is amazing how much depression and anxiety have surged in the past months. Many are nurturing negative feelings through our conversations with others and within ourselves. The more we focus on problems the more prevalent they become and negative thoughts and feelings can turn into our default. As Christians, the Bible encourages us to choose life; meaning to speak with faith and trust God. That thanksgiving helps you to stand fast in the Will of God while waiting for Him to work everything perfectly.

Consider His Mercy

In His love and in His redeemed them. Isaiah 63:9

For many, this time of the year brings memories of pain, grief, sadness, loss, hopelessness, etc, adding to what is already happening. Giving thanks to God does not mean denying our circumstances or undermining them. It is an opportunity to acknowledge them while focusing more on the one who loves us so much that He gave his only begotten son. Through it all, He never forsakes and continues to give the strength and grace to keep enduring. God is tender, forgiving, generous, and loving toward you and your loved ones.

Recognizing His Mercy & Blessings

Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

When we recognize the mercy of God then we will be able to show appreciation as Paul did. “It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all” 1 Timothy 1:15.  Paul recognized God’s grace and the cost of the cross. May we be able to recognize God’s blessings no matter what we’re going through. He is always in the midst of everything, cheering us to stand fast in our faith and trust his mercy and power to save us.

I love this quote from Dr. Charles F. Stanley “No one can serve the Lord with real passion until they are persuaded of the everlasting and overwhelming kindness of God”.

Let today be the day that you will spend time counting all your blessings, and consider what your life would be without the goodness of God. When you recognize His presence it inspires you to give praise with great enthusiasm and passion.

Prayer:  Jesus, thank You for Your magnificent mercy and love! You have redeemed me from so much, and I will praise Your name forever. Amen. (Dr. Charles F. Stanley).

I guess it is not too late to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Keep thanking God, because when we are thankful it shifts our perspective. Also, it makes you realize that you have everything because of his marvelous grace. Sometimes the feeling won’t accompany the gesture of thanksgiving, but gratitude is more than a feeling. Therefore, practice Thanksgiving as your strategy to withstand the troubles of life.

Thank you for reading. You are blessed to be a blessing. Have a wonderful weekend. Stay Blessed Always!

19 thoughts on “Thanksgiving: A Strategy for Hope

Considering what our life could be without the mercy of God – that is valuable to reflect on and helps us have that perspective of gratitude. Because when we do look, there are so many blessings that we can be thankful for.
    I love what you wrote – gratitude is more than a feeling.
    We indeed must practice giving thanks to God always.
    Love this Marie.
    Blessings dear

Thank you, dear, so much for your thoughtful graceful wisdom and understanding of the scriptures.

I always appreciate your perspective. Indeed, reflecting on God’s blessings and mercy is valuable. And as such we should always practice it for our own good.

Gratitude is more than feelings, and our feelings are up and down all the time depending on circumstances or situations. That’s why we cannot depend on our feelings in order to be thankful to God.

Thank you, and blessings to you, too, dear

2. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
    Rishika Jain says:

Motivating and inspirational as ever, Marie

Thank you, Rishika, for your kind, and encouraging words always. I appreciate it .

It is my pleasure . Have a wonderful weekend

3. doriskoki
    doriskoki says:

Gratitude is more than a feeling wow!

Also, I’m on the waiting with patience and thanksgiving stage!

I feel really encouraged after reading this Marie

Thank you, Doris, for your thoughtful and kind words. I appreciate it.

I’m glad that you find it encouraging. Indeed, waiting and exercising patience go along together and help make the journey more endurable.

Have a wonderful week, dear

4. thejourneyndestination – Believer in sharing and spreading joy in this journey called life ✨ Obsessed with desserts + documenting adventures along the way ✌
    thejourneyndestination says:

Belated Thanksgiving wishes to you, dear. Thank you for sharing your beautiful post. This year has taught us to see God’s blessings in the little things in our lives. Stay blessed dear

As I shared as my final words in that post, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither is my love of chestnuts.

5. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

A Merry Christmas to you and yours, Marie!

May we continue to bask in the Father’s love. We celebrate more of this day in all of God’s abundance.

Been a while. Trust you’re doing great.

Thank you, Ayansola, for your wishes. Merry Christmas to you, and your family.

Amen and amen. Indeed it is a wonderful and marvelous day.

Oh yes, it has been a while. I’m doing great just taking this month off to reflect, learn and grow from 2020 and all that surrounds it and recharge for 2021.

Thanks for checking on me, hope you’re doing great, too. It is always nice to hear from you. Enjoy the rest of your celebration. May God continue to bless you abundantly.

1. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

I’m glad to hear that you are doing great. I’m very well too. God’s been faithful.

It’s a wise thing you’re doing. We can’t pour from an empty cup. Sometimes, we need to take a break and the backseat to refill.

Looking forward to great stuff from your platform in the new year. I call you blessed.

Sorry dear, I just saw your message when I hopped onto WordPress. Its been a while since I visited the site. I don’t know why I did not receive any notification.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and prayers. I appreciate it a lot. Amen and amen .

You are absolutely right, it is okay to take a back seat and recharge. I needed this break. A lot happened in 2020, and taking time to reflect was a much needed thing to do. And I am glad I did.

Happy New Year, dear. Wishing you a joyous and prosperous new year with all God’s blessings on you and your loved ones.

6. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

So good to hear from you again, Marie.

Compliments of the season.

Patiently awaiting your return to the platform. Don’t starve us of wholesome contents for long.

I trust you are doing great.

7. Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji – Am an Exhortationist at heart and it gives me fulfilment to see other people succeed and evolving into the best version of themselves.
    Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji says:

Wow been quite a while..I have missed you. Hope you good

Thsnk you for reminding to give thanks at all times. There’s a quote which says, ” Thanksgiving procreate room for more”.

Much love from me

8. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

Hello Marie.

Been quite a while. I want to believe your absence is for the best and you and yours are doing great.

It is well with you and all that concerns you. Don’t take forever to get back.

Hi Ayansola,

Nice to hear from you again. I am so blessed to have someone like you in my life, always checking on me. It means more than you can ever imagine.

I am doing great just catching up with projects, life and others. But I promise to be back soon. Miss you and the platform too.

I will elaborate more when I am back and hopefully soon. Please, remember me in your prayers.

Thank you so much once again. Hope you’re doing great yourself, and that all is well with you.

Take care and stay blessed always .

1. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

You never can tell how much impact you make on people though world apart. You are a delight to read and i’ve missed you too.

Don’t worry. There is no rush. Do take your time and put things in perspective. We all need to take step aside sometimes in order to make sense of things.

I’m doing well too. Some bumps here and there but God been faithful.

I have you in my prayers. God meets you at every point of your need.

You’re absolutely right, some of the readers of this blog have reached out to me several times and it always warms my heart. What you said just confirmed it, and I am grateful to be in a place that I am able to impact others however little it may be.

You made my day ! I’m happy to know that you found my writings delightful to read. God bless you, you’re truly a Godsend.

Amen and amen . Glad you’re doing great. Life is full of bumps but God will use them to bounce up and up till you achieve your greatest potential and accomplish your calling. You’re a wonderful person and God’s goodness and mercy shall always follow you.

Thank you so much and can’t wait to be back.

Have a wonderful and restful weekend .

9. Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji – Am an Exhortationist at heart and it gives me fulfilment to see other people succeed and evolving into the best version of themselves.
    Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji says:

I miss you lovey
    Hope you had a blast easter weekend.