The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; Galatians 5:22-23

God wants you to be the physical manifestation of His presence in action today. He desires you to bear the fruit of His Spirit and make a difference in the world through you. This means your life will be characterized by:

Photo by Disha Sheta on Pexels.com

Love – all the other qualities associated with having the Holy Spirit flow from the presence of God’s love in you. You need love in order to express or produce the other fruits because love is the highest value that you will ever experience and express towards others.

Joy – is rejoicing in His work and possibilities in every situation. When you have the fruit of Joy you will see the good in everything because there is good in everything even when you do not See or Feel it.

Peace – is resting on the promises of God and expecting their fulfillment. The presence of peace in your life helps promote trust in God and the spirit of endurance.

Patience – is waiting for God to reveal Himself to you and expressing grace to those around you. This fruit of the Holy Spirit is needed in all aspects of life.

Kindness – is reaching out to others in their need, thinking about others and their needs. No matter how small your action may be it is worthy of showing kindness to others.

Goodness – is choosing to do what is right and good in God’s eyes. When God is your motivation in life it does not matter who else approves your work because you will do what pleases God.

Faithfulness – is remaining true to Jesus and clinging to Him regardless of what happens. I believe this fruit is much needed in this season when there are so many uncertainties surrounding us.

Gentleness – is empathizing with people in need or pain. It is one of the requirements that Jesus asked of us if want to find Rest (Matthew 11: 28-30).

Self-control – is actively resisting temptation. This world is full of different types of temptations and as a believer having the gift of Self-control is very beneficial to your Christian journey.

Photo by Caleb Gregory on Unsplash

As you can embrace and manifest the fullness of God’s love to you, these other character qualities are going to be expressed through your life. Therefore, say to your heavenly Father, “Work through me today, Lord. I want to be Your hands and feet.”

Prayer: Yes, Jesus, work through me to shine Your light to whoever may need You. Amen.

This a devotion I read this morning from Dr. Charles F. Stanley “God’s Purposes Never Fail”. It blessed me a lot and I thought I would share with you guys. I added some touches that inspired me while I was reading. I hope it blesses you. Remember that the Fruit of the Holy Spirit are gifts and not earned by your hard work. You simply need to ask your heavenly Father and He will grant them to you according to his will and timing.

I also want to use this opportunity to thank everyone for their wonderful prayers, indeed standing in the gap for each other is one of the greatest ways we can show love to one and other and also showcase the glory and sovereignty of God.

Thank you for reading. Have a blissful weekend. Stay Blessed Always!

19 thoughts on “Fruit of the Holy Spirit: His Presence in Action

Reading this “ God wants you to be the physical manifestation of His presence in action today. He desires you to bear the fruit of His Spirit and make a difference in the world through you. This means your life will be characterized by it” – really makes it very real to think about having our daily life reflect these aspects of Christ in us to those around us.

So true that standing in prayer for one another is a wonderful way to show love.
    Blessings to you dear Marie

Thank you, dear, for your thoughtful insights as usual. I appreciate it so much.

Indeed, letting the attributes of Christ shine in us through the Holy Spirit is a part of living for the glory of God.

Thank you, and amen .Blessings to you, too

2. doriskoki
    doriskoki says:

May our lives be characterized by the fruits of the Holy Spirit!

Thank you Marie for explaining these fruits in such a relatable way. God bless you more as you keep writing and encouraging us.

Have a blessed day

Amen and amen . Thank you so very much for your constant words of encouragement. I appreciate it so much and I am honored to have your support.

You’re more than welcome, Doris. It is my pleasure . Stay blessed, too.

3. Era – I am Doctor by profession who loves to write poetry and articles , a mental health enthusiastic , nature lover and very much interested in history and mythology .

Great post

Thank you, Era. I appreciate it .

Pleasure is all mine

4. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
    Rishika Jain says:

Beautiful post, Marie!

Thank you, Rishika. I appreciate it.

Have a wonderful weekend .

5. Adeleke Adeite – Lagos Nigeria – Adeleke is a poet, songwriter, author, tech enthusiast and life coach. He holds a bachelor's degree in Economics Education from the University of Ado Ekiti Ekiti State, Nigeria and a Master's degree in Measurement and Evaluation from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He strongly believes that there is a garden of greatness in everyone who must be watered with words and fertilized with faith. He is passionate about building positive mindsets in everyone around him. He can be reached via adelekeadeite@gmail.com
    Adeleke Adeite says:

I love this, Marie. Thank you for sharing it.

I picked these salient facts…

“Love is the highest value that you will ever experience and express towards others.”

“When God is your motivation in life it does not matter who else approves your work because you will do what pleases God.”

However, even though the fruit of the Spirit is a ‘gift’ we get through grace, we also need to abide in the vine, for our fruit to grow and find expression.

The fruit of the Spirit becomes more evident and beneficial in our lives when our walk with God becomes closer and deeper. We have a role to play, God gives us the ‘gift’ but we have to give the ‘gift” an enabling environment to grow and glow.

Thanks again, Marie. I am highly blessed by this piece.

You’re absolutely right, I couldn’t agree with you more. “The fruit of the spirit becomes more evident and beneficial in our lives when our walk with God becomes closer and deeper”.

We always have a part to play. Cherishing the gift and allowing God to do his occasional pruning is very vital too.

Thank you, Adeleke, so much for your thoughtful insights as always. You’re indeed blessed with such great insights. Keep up the good work .

You’re more than welcome, Adeleke. The pleasure is mine as well .

1. Adeleke Adeite – Lagos Nigeria – Adeleke is a poet, songwriter, author, tech enthusiast and life coach. He holds a bachelor's degree in Economics Education from the University of Ado Ekiti Ekiti State, Nigeria and a Master's degree in Measurement and Evaluation from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He strongly believes that there is a garden of greatness in everyone who must be watered with words and fertilized with faith. He is passionate about building positive mindsets in everyone around him. He can be reached via adelekeadeite@gmail.com
        Adeleke Adeite says:

Yes, Christians need to know that God can do all things but He won’t do all things.
        God will send sunshine and rain but He won’t do the ploughing and planting. God will bring harvest season but he won’t do the plucking and processing for us. He has given us apple tree, it’s up to us to pluck the fruits and process it to produce apple juice.

God daily loads us with benefits, it’s up to us to discover and deploy them.

Be blessed and stay beautiful, Marie.

I agree with what you’ve said. I could not have said it better than this. Understanding that we also have a part to play and basically doing our parts will bring more fruitfulness in our lives.

May God grant us the spirit of discernment to know our parts and also when to act.

Thank you so much for this grateful wisdom you have impacted here. Appreciate it always. Stay blessed, too .

6. akshita bansal – doing a thing of what I want🌸🌸
    akshita bansal says:

A very informative and interesting post Marie

Thank you, Akshita. I’m glad you find it interesting . It is my pleasure.

1. akshita bansal – doing a thing of what I want🌸🌸
        akshita bansal says:

Yes, it was so much. I just loved it.

It is my great pleasure here

7. Olayinka Ofi
    Olayinka Ofi says:

Thanks so much for sharing!
    We are God’s representative on earth, when they see us Christ expects that He is seen also.

Well said , Olayinka. You’re absolutely right, the world should always see Christ in us.

Thank you for your wonderful insights.