When the rain keeps pouring like a fountain

And the light at the end of the tunnel disappears like vapor

Faith swings like a pendulum to and fro

And life grasps for fresh air to breathe again

But moisture hangs in the air like a canopy

As the rain refuses to let the sun shine again

Yet, the one who sits on the throne laughs

For he can ignite the faltering light in your soul

Even amid the Endless rain in darkest hour

Photo by Aleksandar Pasaric on Pexels.com

Endless Rain

“They say when it rains it pours.” Occasionally, you may find yourself in a season of endless not-so-good news similar to that of Job’s in the Bible, receiving bad news back to back. Meanwhile, God is seemingly silent as doubts mount up like Mount Kilimanjaro.

These moments can cause great vulnerability because of its ability to strip you of all hope, power, and even faith. Yet, many are suffering in silence afraid to reveal what’s going on in their lives for fear of their faith being questioned.

One thing still daunting to me as I progress in my relationship with God is my inability to predict his thought or will about certain things or his next move even in similar situations or circumstances. This is sometimes very hard to comprehend, especially if you’re always seeking answers and reasons as to why this or that.

Grace to Persevere

When the rain seems endless, and there’s no light to behold at the end of the tunnel, and you have more questions than answers, what do you? I know previous I would have said “Jump on to the wagon of faith” but, life has taught me that it is simpler said than done.

Yet, I’ll encourage you to hang on there. Take it moment by moment and let his grace carry you through. Sometimes you need God’s special grace to hold on to faith. Otherwise, no one would have ever given up. It is not easy to have or even exercise Faith after multiple series of bad news over a long period without his grace. The fact that you’re still here and fighting for that faith to keep believing in his Promises marks the presence of his grace.

My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore, I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:5-6

Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

Keep fighting the good fight of FAITH and you see with your eyes his goodness and might as you have already heard with your ear. No matter how long it continues to rain the sun will always shine again, we all have witnessed it over and over again. Therefore, hang on to faith.

Prayer: May Job’s testimony become our testimony as we journey through this fallen world with uncertainties and obstacles on our way to victory. Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful and peaceful weekend. Stay Blessed Always!

Related Post

28 thoughts on “Endless Rain: Grace to Persevere

1. Adeleke Adeite – Lagos Nigeria – Adeleke is a poet, songwriter, author, tech enthusiast and life coach. He holds a bachelor's degree in Economics Education from the University of Ado Ekiti Ekiti State, Nigeria and a Master's degree in Measurement and Evaluation from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He strongly believes that there is a garden of greatness in everyone who must be watered with words and fertilized with faith. He is passionate about building positive mindsets in everyone around him. He can be reached via adelekeadeite@gmail.com
    Adeleke Adeite says:

Pain, fear and depression are real. I have been through certain situations this year that tested my faith like never before, I had back to back battles after a big breakthrough.

The issues seem to be getting worse but I know that God has a plan, I have stopped worrying and decided to trust His will.

Joseph was sold into slavery and sent to prison, all for God’s grander purpose. No one would have expected a young boy with a beautiful dream to go through such awful experiences.

The most illogical part of Joseph’s story is that the Bible said that God was with him all through his suffering. One would wonder why despite the fact that God was with him, he suffered betrayal, blackmail, neglect, slavery and unjust imprisonment.

Well said, dear. I could not have said it better than you do. The Christian life indeed is not a constant High. It is not difficult but it is impossible to do it on your own.

I love the example you gave, the story of Joseph is truly the example of a believer life.

Thank you, Adeleke, for your thoughtful and amazing insights as usual. Let’s continue to put our trust in Him alone and he will see us through because he’s a promise keeper.

2. Adeleke Adeite – Lagos Nigeria – Adeleke is a poet, songwriter, author, tech enthusiast and life coach. He holds a bachelor's degree in Economics Education from the University of Ado Ekiti Ekiti State, Nigeria and a Master's degree in Measurement and Evaluation from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He strongly believes that there is a garden of greatness in everyone who must be watered with words and fertilized with faith. He is passionate about building positive mindsets in everyone around him. He can be reached via adelekeadeite@gmail.com
    Adeleke Adeite says:

Thank you for sharing this encouraging piece

You’re welcome, Adeleke. The pleasure is mine as well .

You’re more than welcome, Adeleke. The pleasure is mine as well . Stay blessed

3. Jeff Flesch – Interests include personal, professional, and transformational development, increasing access to higher education, and realizing equity for all.
    Jeff Flesch says:

Beautiful, Marie.

Thank you so much, Jeff. I’m you liked it .

We are to stay strong in our faith during difficult times and like you said it is easier said than done.
    But we know that even though we feel He is silent, He is right there with us through it all and is already working on your prayers dear.
    Like in Daniel 10:12. Even though the answer to Daniel’s prayer came 21 days later, God began working on it right away. We have to trust in His timing and His reason.
    We cannot hold onto our faith without His grace in us. Praying for you dear Marie .

You’re indeed a Godsend to me at this particular moment of my life. Thank you for your insightful and very encouraging words. This means a lot to me.

This is my favorite line “We have to trust in His timing and His reason”. You’re absolutely right, dear.

Amen and amen and amen.

5. Era – I am Doctor by profession who loves to write poetry and articles , a mental health enthusiastic , nature lover and very much interested in history and mythology .

What an encouraging post, Marie as always

Thanks for sharing it

You’re welcome, Era. Happy that find it encouraging .

Have a wonderful week.

6. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
    Rishika Jain says:

Marie, I absolutely love this post. The poem is brilliant, thank you for the motivating message

Thank you so much, Rishika. It is always a pleasure to hear you . I appreciate it .

I’m glad you find it motivating. Have a wonderful week.

7. Bro George – The greatest secret of life is faith
    Bro George says:

Beautifully written Marie, from the poem to every bit of this post was insightful to read.

Thanks for this blog

I am so honored to hear that from you . Thank you so much, George. I appreciate it so much.

8. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

Yet another word in season, Marie. The presence of God is not always the absence of storms. It’s just the assurance that we have a firm/faithful anchor who is not going to make us sink. In Christ is a sure hope, the fortitude to persevere, and a way of escape.

Thank you so much, Ayansola, for your graceful wisdom, knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.

Well said! “In Christ is a sure hope, the fortitude to persevere, and a way of escape.” This statement is very encouraging and a solid assurance of his faithfulness.

Hope all is well with you. Stay blessed, my amazing Mentor .

1. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

You are welcome, always!

I’m very well, thank you.

How are you doing?

Glad to know that you’re doing well . I am doing well, too.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

9. doriskoki
    doriskoki says:

“The fact that you’re still here and fighting for that faith to keep believing in his Promises marks the presence of his grace.”

Very true, many at times, it’s just His grace that’s takes us through. I thank God, it’s always sufficient

You’re absolutely right, his grace is always sufficient!

Thank you, Doris, for your thoughtful insights as usual. Stay blessed.

1. doriskoki
        doriskoki says:

Amen! And keep writing Marie

Thank you for the encouragement , Doris

10. Salubrity + Soul
    Salubrity + Soul says:

Beautiful inspirational words. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you, dear, for reading and commenting. I appreciate it .

You’re more than welcome . It is my pleasure.

11. akshita bansal – doing a thing of what I want🌸🌸
    akshita bansal says:

Indeed a lively piece Marie

Thank you, Akshita, for reading and commenting. I appreciate it so much.

I’m glad you liked it . Have a wonderful weekend

1. akshita bansal – doing a thing of what I want🌸🌸
        akshita bansal says:

You are most welcome Marie
        I really enjoyed reading this piece.

You too have a wonderful weekend, stay safe and healthy