Even if a thousand steps seemed like one
I must keep moving
Yesterday is no more and today is already fading away
I must keep moving
To catch with up tomorrow, slow but steady
For a thousand days is like a day in eternity
Therefore, I must keep moving
Even if the sand and the wind of life keep erasing my footsteps;
To make it seem like I’m only at the beginning
Yet, still, I must keep moving
For the best is yet to be seen
Henceforth, I must keep moving to behold it

Photo by Leon Macapagal on Pexels.com

Sometimes in life, everything Stands Still and no proof of progress has been made in almost every aspect of your life. It is okay to wonder why, and reflect on your life. But remember the story of the man who only saw one set of footprints in the sand during difficult times and asked God where He was.

Because you know Christ, your best days are before you and never behind you. Whether in this life or that which is to come. Keep moving, no matter how slow your steps. God walks with you till the end.

Scriptures to Encourage to Keep Moving

The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger. Job 17:9

I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God’s heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18

Forgetting the past.

Forget what happened in the past, and do not dwell on events from long ago. Isaiah 43:18

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. Philippians 3:13

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. Corinthians 5:17

Thank you for reading. Have a restful and wonderful weekend. Stay Blessed Always!

Related Post

30 thoughts on “I Must

Such an motivational post Marie
    Thanks for sharing

You’re more than welcome, Era. I’m glad you liked it . Have a wonderful weekend.

You too

2. doriskoki
    doriskoki says:

Beautiful post Marie The verses have blessed my night

Thank you, dear. You made me smile . I’m glad that they blessed your night. Have a wonderful weekend. Stay blessed.

1. doriskoki
        doriskoki says:

Enjoy your weekend too

3. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

We press forward regardless. We are not of those who are weighed down and drowned by the weight of life circumstances. Because our anchor is hinged on the faithfulness of our father, we are resilient to the very end. And indeed, our victory is always assured.

You’re absolutely right, Ayansola. I could not have said it better than this .

Indeed, we must press on until the end because He that promised us is a faithful God. Thank you for your graceful wisdom. Always appreciate your comment.

4. Joel Abakah – Words are simply children that my thoughts nurture into phrases and sentences🌸🌸
    Joel Abakah says:

Wow Marie, I’m blown away by the poem. You used your words well and deep.

That’s life you know. At times you may strive and strive but it looks as if no progress has been made. That’s not the time to look back and regret our decisions. But rather forge onward believing God and focusing on a better present and future.

You’re really in sync with the poem. Well explained .

I’m truly blessed, and honored to hear that from you. I love this line of yours “Rather forge onward believing God and focusing on a better present and future”. You’re absolutely right, pressing forward and appreciating the present will do us more good.

You’re always welcome, Joel . The pleasure is mine

1. Joel Abakah – Words are simply children that my thoughts nurture into phrases and sentences🌸🌸
        Joel Abakah says:

I too feel blessed and honoured hearing that from you
        It’s truly an amazing poem. I’m glad to have grasped the concept correctly.

Thank you so much, Joel. Appreciate it a lot . Have a wonderful weekend. Stay blessed.

5. Jeff Flesch – Interests include personal, professional, and transformational development, increasing access to higher education, and realizing equity for all.
    Jeff Flesch says:

I love how you play with movement. I am always saying, movement is what matters. There is no backward or forward, only movement. We can learn from all movement. Thanks, Marie.

Thank you, Jeff. I’m glad you loved it. I appreciate your thoughtful insights as well.

Indeed, as long as there’s movement, then there’s progress.

You’re more than welcome, Jeff. Stay blessed .

So encouraging Marie. Keep moving forward and never give up.
    Blessings dear

7. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
    Rishika Jain says:

Marie, your posts continue to inspire me. Love it!

Oh wow, I am honored to hear that. That’s so kind of you to say. You made my day. My desire is to inspire others as I get inspired, too.

I’m glad you love it .
      Thank you so much, Rishika, and God bless you . It is a joy to have you around. I appreciate it.

8. Liz Njoroge – A smiley , shy, funny girl who is all about sharing her experiences and mind out here🍹
    Liz Njoroge says:

Thank you, Liz, for stopping by. I appreciate it . Stay blessed

9. Jeff Flesch – Interests include personal, professional, and transformational development, increasing access to higher education, and realizing equity for all.
    Jeff Flesch says:

Thank you, Marie. Be well.

You’re welcome

10. Fredrick G. Kanja – East Africa – I am highly motivated with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal traits. As a dynamic person, I appreciate challenges and value the diverse opportunities and energy of working within a team. I am a team leader. My core values are integrity, excellence and servant leadership. As an individual, I like responsibilities, I am hardworking, I enjoy the challenges of new situations and derive much pleasure from improving my abilities in helping others improve theirs
    Fredrick G. Kanja says:

Had Quite a catch on this Sermon. Keep matching forward Brethren for the God have good plans over our lives. No matter how small the progress , just don’t give up making a next small one forward. Sure thing! Surely God has not born us to fail but be victors and conquerors in His Kingdom if we only trust and obey His word. Sermon like this wet my eyes though I am no preacher Thanks so much for reminding me why am on earth I love your Godly art and am slowly falling inlove with your existence. More love Dear

Well said, dear . Your sermon is right on point “Only trust and obey His word “. That’s an amazing summary of the post in one sentence.

You’re too kind, thank you so much. I appreciate your thoughtful response as usual. Amen and amen, glad to have you around

11. K.A. Cummins – K.A. Cummins is an award-winning indie author. Her work has appeared on goHavok.com and she’s a former Lands Uncharted contributor.
    K.A. Cummins says:

Beautiful words. Thanks for sharing Light and encouragement.

Thank you, for your kind words. I appreciate it .

You’re welcome . The pleasure is mine.

12. Olayinka Ofi
    Olayinka Ofi says:

So unique and enlivening!
    Thanks so much for sharing this

Thank you, Olayinka, for your thoughtful comment. You’re more than welcome . Have a great weekend.

13. Adeleke Adeite – Lagos Nigeria – Adeleke is a poet, songwriter, author, tech enthusiast and life coach. He holds a bachelor's degree in Economics Education from the University of Ado Ekiti Ekiti State, Nigeria and a Master's degree in Measurement and Evaluation from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He strongly believes that there is a garden of greatness in everyone who must be watered with words and fertilized with faith. He is passionate about building positive mindsets in everyone around him. He can be reached via adelekeadeite@gmail.com
    Adeleke Adeite says:

Insightful and inspiring piece

This is timely for me. I am in a season where I need more strength and grace to move on. I am believing God for healing, hope and restoration. Keep me in prayers.

Thank you, Adeleke. I’m glad you find it encouraging .

God will indeed, perfect everything concerning you at the appointed time. Stay blessed