There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love

Fear holds no bearing when love is present that’s why a parent can run into a burning house for a child without thinking about the ramifications. Love carries a power that signifies the personification of God. God is love, therefore love is one of the strongest emotions that we are blessed with as human beings.

I recently watched a research video on babies and their caregivers regarding non-verbal emotional communication. In that study, the babies were placed on a tabletop, and the illusion of a hole or depression was created on the other half of the table to see whether the babies will cross over depending on the expressions of their caregivers.

Photo by Dominika Roseclay on Pexels.com

Fear Loses its grip

The findings show that the babies crossed to the other side if their caregivers were smiling and had approval on their faces. But they would not cross if the caregivers’ faces expressed fear and concern. While watching the research this verse came to mind “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear…” I marveled at the revelation of it. Sometimes love felt through non-verbal communication is even stronger.

When you know and understand the love of God, fear will only pay you a visit but will not make its sanctuary in your heart and mind. You will realize that the God who created and reigns over the universe loves you enough to put his son in your place and you adopt into his family, and He will not let anything harm you or make you suffer for nothing.

God’s Love Through Non-verbal

God’s love is communicated even through non-verbal means such as feeling awe when His Presence is felt in your heart and soul. “Non-verbal communication is the process of communication by means of which messages are sent without the use of words.” Sometimes when reading God’s word you can be filled with his love because “Written texts can also include non-verbal elements given by style, spatial setting of words or by the use of emoticons.” (PĂUNESCU, A., & INDREICA, E.-S, 2014)

In conclusion, it is important to keep in mind that fear knows no boundaries. It will show its ugly head whenever it can, but you have the perfect weapon to silence fear each and every time it comes knocking at your door. Seek to know and understand God’s love for you. Many of us have grown up in households or neighborhoods where love is never expressed or where the meaning of love is misunderstood.

Photo by Ylanite Koppens on Pexels.com

Rejoice, for the love of God is unconditional, perfect, and never runs dry. Keep loving others, even if they are unable to return your love, because “We know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them” 1 John 4:16

Thank you for reading. May God’s love continue to abound in your heart and mind, that it might overflows to others around. Stay Blessed!

Related Post

Reference

PĂUNESCU, A., & INDREICA, E.-S. (2014). Use of Non-Verbal Communication in

Preschoolers Emotional Development. Journal Plus Education / Educatia Plus, 10(2), 283–292.

20 thoughts on “Fear Loses its Grip in Perfect Love

1. therevjames – I'm a semi-retired United Methodist pastor, former journalist, devoted husband of Linda and father of Jennifer and Erica, "Papa" of grandson Theo.
    therevjames says:

Great message of hope! Thanks!

You’re more than welcome, James. Appreciate your comment .

2. Era – I am Doctor by profession who loves to write poetry and articles , a mental health enthusiastic , nature lover and very much interested in history and mythology .

Great post, Marie

Thank you, Era. I appreciate it so much

3. doriskoki
    doriskoki says:

Indeed.. perfect love casts out all fear I love that example of children and their caregivers…so accurate

Thank you, Doris. Always appreciate your wonderful comments .

I’m glad you loved it. I was inspired by that example. Stay blessed

“When you know and understand the love of God, fear will only pay you a visit but will not make its sanctuary in your heart and mind. “ That sentence really stood out to me.
    The experiment with the children and the caregivers is so interesting and eye opening. This reminded me that the kids had to understand all this while their eyes were on their caregivers. And so we must too have our eyes trained on God.
    A wonderful word of hope Marie.
    Blessings

Thank you, dear . I’m honored to hear that. Indeed, knowing, and understanding his love is the most wonderful knowledge, and insight that we need to live a victorious life . Yet, it is the hardest thing to do because of our human nature and just how we’re wired to understand love.

Well said! You’re right “We must fix our eyes on God, just like the kids did” amen to that. Thanks for your amazing insights as usual. Always appreciate it. Stay blessed .

2. Bro George – The greatest secret of life is faith
      Bro George says:

Exactly that sentence also stood up to me.

God bless you Marie for the post.

Thank you, for reading and commenting, George. I’m glad it stood out to you, too.

God bless you, too .

5. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

This is apt, Marie. There is indeed no fear in love. Moreover, that love has also been shorn abroad in our hearts as believers in Christ. If God so loved us that he gave his son for us, what else can’t he do for us? Regardless of the situation, we are assured of the father’s love for us. And for this reason we do not fret even though the oceans roar.

Awwww, I’m blessed to hear from you . Oh yes, his love is undeniable yet hard to believe and accept because it requires nothing except for us to have faith and believe. Only his grace can help us.

What a marvelous summary of the post. Thank you, Ayansola, for another thoughtful insight, and words of encouragement. Stay blessed always as usual

1. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

My pleasure, Marie!

Awesome

6. Jeff Flesch – Interests include personal, professional, and transformational development, increasing access to higher education, and realizing equity for all.
    Jeff Flesch says:

Lovely, Marie. Wonderful.

Thank you so much, Jeff. I appreciate it

7. Gypsy – Trying to write my truths and connect with people. You'll find out more on my first post "The Journey Begins"
    Gypsy says:

With our focus on Christ’s abundant love for us, there’s no place for fear to thrive. And that is all the empowerment we need. Thanks for this piece, Marie.

You’re absolutely right, dear. Our focus should always be on Christ.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful insights. I appreciate it .

You’re more than welcome. Stay blessed.

8. Adeleke Adeite – Lagos Nigeria – Adeleke is a poet, songwriter, author, tech enthusiast and life coach. He holds a bachelor's degree in Economics Education from the University of Ado Ekiti Ekiti State, Nigeria and a Master's degree in Measurement and Evaluation from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He strongly believes that there is a garden of greatness in everyone who must be watered with words and fertilized with faith. He is passionate about building positive mindsets in everyone around him. He can be reached via adelekeadeite@gmail.com
    Adeleke Adeite says:

Our trust in God and the knowledge of who He is will surely fuel our faith and quench the fire of our fears.

Our capacity to read God’s ‘body language’ also goes a long way. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word.

Thanks for this

Well said , Adeleke. God will always help us to overcome fear through his abundant love, because in it we find our security.

I appreciate your thoughtful insights. Stay blessed.