“Be strong. Take courage. Don’t be intimidated. Don’t give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He’s right there with you. He won’t let you down; he won’t leave you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

It was Spring break and many students had already left, but Gina and Samantha decided to stay and make some money. On her way home from work, Gina learned that she was among a group of students whose scholarship was revoked.

She ran to her dorm room and shut the door. ‘No this can’t be happening. Why now, God? Please help me!”

Samantha had seen Gina rush in without saying hi.

“I’m sure something is going on with Gina, she’s not her usual self at all. I must check on her.”

Courage & Strength to Endure

Photo by Sofia Garza on Pexels.com

She found Gina sitting on the floor surrounded by darkness with only a tiny glimpse of light from the window. After 30 minutes of silence, Gina managed to say,

“My scholarship was revoked. I’m in my final semester, where will I get the money.  I just want to be able to support my poor mother after college but now all that seems impossible. “
Samantha hugged her, look, Gina, God did not bring you this far just abandon you.

Gina came from a hard-working low-income family. She is very passionate about social justice and moral values.

“Justice for Hailey”, “Right to Life”, “We want a Faith Counselor”

A few months ago, Gina and Samantha organized a peaceful protest on behalf of their classmate, Hailey, holding up signs in front of the university President’s building. Hailey was very depressed, and barely functioning after being mistreated by the counselors at the university.

Two days later, Gina received a warning letter from school administrators to stop causing a disturbance on campus. It was their right to demonstrate peacefully, though, so they continued for two weeks.  The president was so upset about the media attention that he threatened to pull their scholarships.

Courage to Stand still

After a couple of hours, Samantha called her dad who was a lawyer, and explained everything to him. Gina and Samantha gathered as much evidence they could get hold of along with other members of the protest.

Samantha’s dad, Mr. Jones, met with the college President to ask him to consider his decision. Yet, he refused to change his decision because he warned them before taking action.

They decided to meet with local newspapers and Gina narrated the whole story. The newspaper published the article, and students received much support around the state.

The administration reconsidered their decision. Gina and others got back their scholarship.

Photo by Simon Maage on Unsplash

The Moral of the Story

Life won’t always be easy just because you’re justified. When you persevere through it, God will show up. No situation or circumstance is ever out God’s reach. If God took notice of the sparrows how much more will be do for his beloved children. He will always fight for you through thick and thin, and no darkness is ever too dark for his mercy to reach.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Another lesson we can learn from the story is the need to stand up for others when we see them suffering and unable to fight for themselves. Gina, Samantha, and the rest of the members did not know that their actions could cost them scholarships, and other dreams. Yet, they stood for a person in need. If you fight for others, God will fight for you, too. No sacrifice is ever wasted, and the reward will come at the appropriate time.

Live your life courageously and remember you have a savior who knows even your deepest thoughts. Yet, he loves you and will do anything for your good. He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” Romans 8:33.

He also promised to be there for you until eternity. Therefore, be strong and take courage no matter your circumstances and situation. Your God is faithful and his promises are yes and amen.

Prayer

I pray that God will see you through from the valley to the mountain top. Just like he did for Gina, he will do it for you, too. Hold on to faith and fight the good fight. May God strengthen you and equip you for battle, and may you have the faith to entrust him with your battle.

Thank you for reading, and may God give you the courage to live a life that brings Him glory. Stay Blessed Always!

Related Posts

24 thoughts on “Be Strong & Take Courage

1. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
    Rishika Jain says:

Amazing post, Marie!!

Thank you, Rishika. I appreciate it . Stay blessed

2. Joel Abakah – Words are simply children that my thoughts nurture into phrases and sentences🌸🌸
    Joel Abakah says:

Indeed. There will always be roadblocks in life. Despite the fact that what we do is right, we may encounter some hindrances. So like you said, it’s up to us to keep pushing holding on to God and trusting that He’s got us hard.
    Hence why I love Galatians 6:9; ” So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up”. Peace to you, Marie

You’re absolutely right. Thank you for your amazing insights as usual. Love the book of Galatians in general .

There are always obstacles in life to overcome, but thank God we have a savior who had already overcame the world.

Thank you so much, Joel, for the prayer. Amen. Stay blessed, too.

1. Joel Abakah – Words are simply children that my thoughts nurture into phrases and sentences🌸🌸
        Joel Abakah says:

I know right… Galatians

My pleasure reading!

Mine as well .

3. Sharimam – United Kingdom
    Sharimam says:

So many lessons from this story & post generally. Thank you so much for sharing Marie. God bless you!!!

You’re more than welcome, Sharimam. I’m glad you liked it.

Amen and amen . Thank you so much, and stay blessed .

4. Era – I am Doctor by profession who loves to write poetry and articles , a mental health enthusiastic , nature lover and very much interested in history and mythology .

Such an inspirational post, Marie
    Very well written !

Thank you, Era. Always appreciate your comments .

Pleasure is all mine

5. Wise Hearted – As the heading of my posts says, I desire to be wise hearted in all that I do. I, along with my husband are Member Care reps for New Tribes Mission, serving in 6 southwest states. We have served in two countries, Bolivia, South America then later in Papua New Guinea. I love the phrase, "Life is in Christ" because the years I searched for life were the most frustrating of my 69 years. At 35 an aggressive soul wining church knocked on our door. They shared the pure gospel, and after a few weeks of wrestling with my old sinful nature, I accept God's grace through His Son for me. Life has been an adventure since them, every day expecting God to more in my life so I can help others learn Life is in Christ. My husband and I have two children and six grand children and live in southern California.
    Wise Hearted says:

Doing what is right cost my husband his job at a church one time. He stood in the gap between this person of power concerning how he spent the church money. This person had the IRS after him un be known to my husband at the time. so when the IRS called my husband and said to do this and this, well he was not going to ask the financial secretary to be a part of it. And he was fired because of it. which turned out to be the best thing that happened to us. We went back into missions, went back overseas and have never been sorry for the stand we took, ever. This is what I love to hear about the young people of today. Old fashion doing what is right. God is pleased with it.

Thank you so much. I’m honored to hear your wonderful insights. What a glorious testimony. God is always faithful and righteous deeds done in faith shall never be wasted. Your testimony is very inspiring and I’m blessed that you shared it here on this platform.

Amen, and amen. We’ll continue to grow in God’s infinite grace and wisdom to do what is required of us.

Thank you, once again and stay blessed .

6. Ancient Skies – East Coast – Poetry, love, nature, compassion, spirituality, culture. I'm always learning and growing. Welcome to my journey.

What a beautiful and encouraging story! Thank you Marie.

Thank you, dear. I appreciate it so much. I’m glad you find it encouraging .

7. Marie Cook – I am a food lover, and cooking is therapeutic for me; it relaxes me and transports me to a quieter universe away from the noisy, busy modern world. I am a Counseling Mental Health & Wellness graduate student, wife, and stepmother. I love connecting with people from different cultural backgrounds through food, fashion, wisdom, and lifestyle in general. To be continued because I am still in the process of discovering who I am as I continue this journey called life. I promise to keep you all posted in the meantime.

Absolutely ok . I appreciate it so much. Thank you for letting me know. That’s so kind of you .

Such an encouraging word Marie.
    Just because we are justified does not mean it will all be easy. We go through our valleys but God is right there with us.
    And yes it is so important to stand with and fight for those in need.
    Blessings to you dear

So true, indeed. Justification doesn’t bar us from real life trials and tribulations.

Thank you so much for your kind words and I’m glad you find it encouraging . Always a pleasure to hear your graceful wisdom.

Amen and blessings to you, dear.

9. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

It’s such an apt story, Marie. And the morals expounded are profound.

We shouldn’t live just for ourselves. It’s a demonstration of our love walk when we go out of our way to help others. Like in Gina’s case, it may cost us certain things. However, it’s always worth the effort. Meanwhile, God is always are present help in times of needs. He’ll never leave us to languish but will always make a way of escape for us.

More wisdom for you!

Thank you, Ayansola. I’m always grateful and blessed to learn from your impeccable wisdom.

Well said , Ayansola. Another wonderful summary of my entire post just in a couple of sentences. That’s impressive, indeed.

So true, it is always great to stand with others in need, and trust our ever present help in trouble to see us through.

Thank you, once again, for your prayer . Stay blessed .

1. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

You flatter me, Marie. Just adding my 2-penny worth of contribution. You are the one who keeps serving us with loads of sound counsels.

Trust it’s been a great day.

It is written to give honor to whom it is due. I am just obeying and practicing what I heard.

Thank you for everything. I now consider you as my mentor, it will be an honor.

Oh yeah, it is, thank God . Hope yours was a wonderful day, too. Stay blessed

3. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

Mentor? I’m outa here

Glad it’s been a great day. Mine was a ‘roadful’ one.

4. Marie Cook – I am a food lover, and cooking is therapeutic for me; it relaxes me and transports me to a quieter universe away from the noisy, busy modern world. I am a Counseling Mental Health & Wellness graduate student, wife, and stepmother. I love connecting with people from different cultural backgrounds through food, fashion, wisdom, and lifestyle in general. To be continued because I am still in the process of discovering who I am as I continue this journey called life. I promise to keep you all posted in the meantime.

Don’t worry I’ll be a good mentee . I promise.

Thank you, Ayansola. Hope all is well with you . I pray that, tomorrow will be a better day. His mercies are new every morning. Have a wonderful night