Writing amplifies living
To live means to love people
And give God glory, the creator of all
Write to edify your soul, and bare the truth
See and feel what you’re saying
Let God’s glory be revealed in the midst
Arousing curiosity for His goodness
Meaning in life and the atonement for sin
Luring humans to discover the beauty of a righteous life
Though filled with many difficulties Yet, satisfies the heart’s void
That’s the power of your writing
Given to you for personal edification and encouragement of others
To bring growth, and development
And to cause spiritual awakening in the soul of a believer
Or stir the lost soul to find a loving savior and wonderful friend
Therefore, write without ceasing
But, let your writing be coated with prayers
And seasoned with grains of grace
In order to influence people for the greater good
So that earth may mirror the splendor of his majesty
To God be the glory, for great things he has done

Photo by Suzy Hazelwood on Pexels.com

The Influence of a Writer

A writer’s influence is such an empowering tool can a writer can use for the greater good of humanity.

Prayer:  I pray that God will enlighten every writer to know that their purpose for writing should be love for others and giving God the glory. Paul encourages believers “Do everything in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14 and also, “Do it all for the glory of God.” Amen.

Thank you for reading. Happy Wellness Wednesday. Happy writing to every writer out there, your writing has comforted many souls and encouraged despairing hearts without your knowledge. Keep writing to influence your readers and for personal edification, and growth. In my next post, I will write about “The Importance of a Writer’s influence” inspired by John Piper’s message. Stay Blessed Always.

23 thoughts on “A writer’s influence

1. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

Those lines felt like words inspired by the Spirit. While reading, I imagined you edifying someone in the utterance gifts.

The things you said are true words, Marie. The writer wields a great power when he puts pen to paper or punches keypads. He/she does well to ensure that what comes from him are edifying words. That’s why I’m always careful with the things I put out. I ask myself questions like: “Is it worth sharing? Is it going to add value to someone? Are my intentions for putting out pure?…”

Trust you are doing great.

Indeed, I was listening to a message and felt so humbled by it. It is my prayer to be able to edify another just like I was edified.

I love this line of yours “The writer wields a great power when he puts pen to paper ” That’s a whole summary of my post.

Your wisdom never ceases to amaze me. Indeed, it is a struggle to know what’s worth sharing or not, but as long as your intention is to glorify God, He’ll help the shortcoming.

Thank you once again, always appreciate your graceful wisdom , Ayansola.

1. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

You are already edifying. You can only get better and more effective at it.

You are always welcome, Marie! It’s always worth the time reading your posts.

Thank you, Ayansola for the kind words. I’m thrilled to hear that. May we all continue to grow as writers.

I appreciate it so much.

2. Bro George – The greatest secret of life is faith
    Bro George says:

Amen, well said Marie. Loved it

Thank you, George . I’m glad you loved it. I appreciate it. Stay blessed

3. Era – I am Doctor by profession who loves to write poetry and articles , a mental health enthusiastic , nature lover and very much interested in history and mythology .

Great post

Thank you, Era. I appreciate it

Pleasure is all mine

I love what you shared. May we write with love and to bring Him glory. May God use the words that flow out inspired by Him to encourage and comfort others.
    That should be our hearts desire and we have to often remind ourselves why we do it and not get caught up in any other reason for it.
    You have touched my heart with your words today.
    Blessings to you dear Marie

Oh wow, I’m honored to hear you say that. The pleasure is mine as well .

Indeed, there’s no greater purpose in writing than to edify and give God the glory. You brought up an important reminder “Getting caught up with other reasons”

Thank you so much, dear. To God be glory . Same to, you, dear .

5. doriskoki
    doriskoki says:

I love it! Let’s keep writing, by God’s grace

Amen . Thank you, Doris. I’m glad that you loved it. Stay blessed .

6. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
    Rishika Jain says:

Marie, I love what you’ve written!

Thank you so much, Rishika. I’m thrilled that you loved it. Stay blessed

1. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
        Rishika Jain says:

Thank you so much for your wishes, Marie. You too.

You’re more than welcome

7. Brothers Campfire – Northwich, la Longi – Join me as I spin a tale..... WWW.BrothersCampfire.com
    Brothers Campfire says:

Well written, friend. I appreciate your words and thank you for visiting today!

You’re more than welcome . The pleasure is mine as well .

8. Joel Abakah – Words are simply children that my thoughts nurture into phrases and sentences🌸🌸
    Joel Abakah says:

When we write and share it with the world it becomes not just a personal representation but also of another person’s interpretation and change. I only pray that the good Lord himself guides and directs us all when we write, that we may reach out to souls in need of a certain word to be of change and benefit to them. Just like you have done with this amazing writing.

Thanks for sharing

I could not have said it better than this. Personal interpretation is very important. Good intentions alone sometimes are not enough but God will fill in the gaps of our shortcomings.

Amen and amen.

You’re most welcome, Joel. The pleasure is mine as well

9. Brothers Campfire – Northwich, la Longi – Join me as I spin a tale..... WWW.BrothersCampfire.com
    Brothers Campfire says:

I find writing to be an excellent outlet of expression.