In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Photo by Maximilien T. Scharner on Unsplash

Jerry and Jil were friends since childhood and lived in a small countryside town. One day they came across an elderly man in the woods. He lost one of his sheep and was anxiously looking for it.

Jerry, asked, “Hey, you seemed terrified, is there anything we can do to help you?” Mr. Cold replied, “I lost one of my precious sheep and it is my granddaughter’s favorite. I don’t know how to tell her… so, I’m worried, tired,”

Jil, saw Mr. Cold breathing heavily, and ran to help him sit on a log, offering him some water to drink.

The two friends went on to look for the sheep and found it wandering around the lake. Mr. Cold was very happy.

He thanked the boys and invited them over to his house for dinner with his visiting family. Jerry, and Jil accepted the invitation and this was the beginning of a new relationship. The boys became close with Mr. Cold and helped him out with his farm and animals.

Photo by Ekrulila on Pexels.com

When Kindness Pays Off

One day, after their usual routine, Mr. Cold came to the boys and handed them the keys to his farm, and house.

It is all yours, I’m blessed to have you two in my life for the past two years. I am 92 years old, and I do not know the hour or day of my departure that’s why I wanted to do this today.

Speechless, yet full of excitement, Jerry and Jil gave Mr. Cold a group hug. Mr. Cold brimmed with joyful tears and thanked the Lord for bringing these two boys into his life.

The Moral of the Story

Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash

Never underestimate what kindness can yield in return. I know that should not be our motivation for doing good, yet it is important to keep in mind. The world is on lockdown but it is still busy in some ways. We are all dealing with the current situation in the best ways we know, nevertheless, it is our duty as Christians to help out others in any way we can.

Jerry and Jil never knew that their act of kindness would replay them in such a way. They were just willing to help out, instead of exploring the woods. They gave up their own comfort to help someone in need.

Let’s not be buried in our circumstances and situations but remember to bless others with our words of kindness, encouragement, and hope. Many among us look strong and look like we do not need anything but undeath that façade many are crying for help and no one really knows. Be the champion and bless others. The best success in life is being there for others when they needed you. Of course, material possessions are an important blessing for we all know that not everyone can afford three meals a day even in America. The bottom line – do whatever you can to bless others “Because It Is More Blessed To Give Than Receive”

Thank you for reading, and be the blessing that you’re. Stay Blessed Always!

34 thoughts on “It is More Blessed to Give than to Receive

1. arielaonthego – I'm Ariela and I love to travel! I will tell you all about it here in my blog!
    arielaonthego says:

Amen! God bless!

2. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
    Rishika Jain says:

Love this, Marie! Thank you for sharing

You more than welcome, Rishika . I appreciate it

1. Rishika Jain – I am just a kid who is trying to find her way in the world.
        Rishika Jain says:

3. Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji – Am an Exhortationist at heart and it gives me fulfilment to see other people succeed and evolving into the best version of themselves.
    Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji says:

The best success in life is to be there for people who needs us the most….

4. YBP – Hello there! I’m Yeka and I love LOVE. My heart goes pitter patter at the sound of my hubby’s loving voice. I'm undeniably a hopeful romantic haha! My smile shines from east to west when I bond with my family. My passion for lifelong learning further ignites when I train and serve my students. My eyes sparkle with gratitude when I recount the billion blessings I enjoy. My soul embraces the horizon when I share the countless miracles I witness. In my journey, I stay in awe of the simple yet profound truth. IT’S ALL ABOUT LOVE. ❤️
    YBP says:

Wow keep blessing the world dear Marie! We definitely need more of God’s Precious Love! - Yeka

Thank you, dear. I appreciate it so much .

Indeed, we need God’s love always.

5. Era – I am Doctor by profession who loves to write poetry and articles , a mental health enthusiastic , nature lover and very much interested in history and mythology .

Great post, Marie
    Thanks for sharing it

You’re welcome, Era . The pleasure is mine .

Such a heartfelt reminder to be a blessing to those around us Marie. It is indeed more blessed to give than to receive, one of the reasons being that we reflect the heart of Christ when we do that.

7. Marie Cook – I am a food lover, and cooking is therapeutic for me; it relaxes me and transports me to a quieter universe away from the noisy, busy modern world. I am a Counseling Mental Health & Wellness graduate student, wife, and stepmother. I love connecting with people from different cultural backgrounds through food, fashion, wisdom, and lifestyle in general. To be continued because I am still in the process of discovering who I am as I continue this journey called life. I promise to keep you all posted in the meantime.

Well said , dear. Blessing others as a way of reflecting Christ our savior .

Always appreciate your graceful knowledge, and understanding of the scriptures.

You’re welcome. The pleasure is mine as well.

8. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

I like how you pointed how the fact that we don’t show kindness just because of what we hope to get in return. Such is the believer’s love walk – it’s sacrificial. He goes out of his way and sacrifices his comfort to ensure he benefits others. Even though we all have our own challenges/issues to battle with, we can still be of a blessing to others no matter how little. And of course, there is always a reward for our good deeds.

Well written, Marie.

You never cease to amaze me with your thoughtful insights.

You’re absolutely right, the life of a believer is that of a Sacrificial one just like Christ. And also, never without a reward whether in heaven and/or earth.

Thank you so much, Ayansola . I’m grateful for your comment.

1. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

You flatter me, Marie. One profound thought deserves another. Your writings are always precise and inspiring.

By the way, your site is now responsive. I’ve been able to follow and can now get instant notifications for your posts.

It is a true compliment, and a well deserved one .

Thank you, it is an honor to hear that from you.

Thank God, sorry for all the troubles you’ve gone through just to follow the blog. I appreciate it a lot

3. ayansolaibukun – Faith, Relationships, Family, Reviews, Creative Writing

My pleasure!

9. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
    Bible blogger says:

Halleluyah . The world believers it in other way around. The world believes that keeping on recieving is the most blessed thing. Thank Yeshua who says that giving is more blessed thing. Halleluyah . Thanks for sharing, dear Marie.

Praise God!. Thank you so much for your thoughtful insights.

Indeed, the world view it differently that’s why believers need to show it to the world, how it is supposed to be done.

You’re welcome, dear. The pleasure is mine as well

1. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
        Bible blogger says:

You are so very welcome. Yes, the God’s word is upside. Where as the philosophy of the world is upside down.

You’re right, Thank you . Stay blessed

3. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
        Bible blogger says:

Halleluyah

10. Anya Abraham – Hello, I am Anya and I’m 22 years old. This is an outlet for my art of writing, a hobby I’ve honed for over four years through blogging. While that should be enough reason to really be good at this, I haven’t gotten much better but it's only onward and upward from here on out. If you know me as ‘Your Average Peahead’, I just want to say a quick thank you for pulling through for me there as I already know you will do so here too. I wish this was preview of what is but I’m afraid I’ve let my mind loose on this one and we just see where the wind takes us.
    Anya Abraham says:

Never underestimate what kindness can yield in return
    So glad i found your post and read this! I love this line and your post

Thank you for reading my post. I’m glad you liked it

You’re welcome more than welcome, Anya. The pleasure is mine as well

11. Kamal Shrestha – Panauti-9, Naubise, Kavre, Nepal – An Alone Traveller, Intense Blogger, Creative Designer and an English Teacher.
    Kamal Shrestha says:

Nice post… I am nominationing you for the Great Achiever Mahasiddhi Blogger Award. For details: https://kamalsbloggingcafe.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/great-achiever-mahasiddhi-blogger-award-gamba/. Please help spread PEACE & SAVE ENVIRONMENT through this small step. Thanks a lot.

Thank you so much, Kamal for nominating me. I’m thrilled, and honored to be nominated by you.

Always enjoyed reading your peaceful, and insightful blogs. Keep up the good work .

Sorry, I will pass until next time. I’m still learning the skills, and craft of blogging. I’ll let you know when I’m ready . Have a wonderful weekend.

Kamal Shrestha says:

You are most welcome…. and thank you so much… best wishes and have a wonderful learning …

That’s so kind of you . Stay Blessed.

12. The Hummingbird's Journal – Here at The Hummingbird’s Journal blog, you’ll find the perfect read that goes with your cafecito ☕ . The read's secret ingredients? Positive vibes & rays of hope. Welcome.
    The Hummingbird's Journal says:

Beautiful message! It’s been a challenge for me to not be buried in my circumstances and see how I can offer words of kindness, encouragement, and hope. Just last week, I was getting social anxiety, and as soon as I changed my perspective and asked myself how can I help or who I can help, that shift in focus helped lessen the anxiety dramatically. I appreciate your message of finding ways to bless other people in our lives. As always, I admire how you tie in the story to a moral. Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your story, remember that you’re not alone in this journey. Many of us are struggling in different ways, which makes it hard to overlook our circumstances and be there for others. Yet, when we shift our attention to helping others, we gain greater rewards.

Social anxiety is very real, and hard to deal with but I’m glad that the good Lord is healing you in a unique way. Stay strong, and blessings to you .

You’re more than welcome, dear . Always a pleasure .

1. The Hummingbird's Journal – Here at The Hummingbird’s Journal blog, you’ll find the perfect read that goes with your cafecito ☕ . The read's secret ingredients? Positive vibes & rays of hope. Welcome.
        The Hummingbird's Journal says:

Thank you so much! Blessings to you too! .

You’re welcome, dear .

13. ThinkTalk – Thinking and Talking about issues
    ThinkTalk says:

Thanks for posting.
    Especially in this period of COVID-19/unrest, everyone is uptight, but something as giving a “free” but cheery smile does wonders to one’s soul.

You’re welcome, dear. Yes, indeed, you’re absolutely right, giving is very essential in this season.

Thanks for your thoughtful comment.