Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.” Proverbs 4:7 (NKJV)

Photo by Joel Muniz on Unsplash

If wisdom is the principal thing then it is worth getting. It is one of the most prominent topics in the Bible but it is important to know the distinction between human wisdom and wisdom from God.

True wisdom is understanding that nothing in this life is worth knowing more than knowing God himself. Read The Word, Is In It. That’s why Solomon wrote this proverb.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” Proverbs 9:10 (NKJV)

I believe that the ‘Fear’ Solomon is referring to means “An Awe-Filled” reverence and respect for God and who He is. Putting God above everything in your life no matter your circumstance or situation.

Why It is Important to get it

Lacking wisdom can undermine God’s plans or blessings in your life. Nothing is too hard for our God (Jeremiah 32:17), but we need God’s wisdom to choose His blessings and follow His plans.

For example, if you take a 5-year-old around an estate and said, “This is all yours, you can do whatever you want with it. Just promise that you’ll take care of it.”  It is obvious the 5-year-old wouldn’t understand the implied responsibilities. That’s why trustees are put in place if a parent leaves behind young children. The same principle applies when God gives us responsibilities and we are not yet ready or equipped. Then we need His wisdom to guide us.

“A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.” Proverbs 14:1 (NLT)

Photo by Alabaster Co on Unsplash

In conclusion, I just want to encourage all of us to seek God’s wisdom and prioritize it, especially in our current season. We all want to be successful in life but success without insight may not last. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to succeed but remember to seek through God’s foundational wisdom. There are many other methods the world offers but what would it profit to gain the world and lose your soul?

PRAYER:

Father, teach us to recognize and appreciate the importance of gaining wisdom as the foundation for building our lives. Also, guide us through your Holy Spirit to choose it as our greatest pursuit from henceforth. Amen

Thank you for reading, and Stay Blessed Always!

11 thoughts on “Wisdom as the Principal Thing

1. francisashis – Life is invaluable so let's speak more of life and it's glories. Let us support others to take life as an important assign which must be completed in a joyful way and thus tasting the real essence of it.It is the greatest gift of God for all of us so we ought to accept it in a jovial way.Disinterest in doing so invites the end of it.
    francisashis says:

Thank you very much for the blessed post,yes fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.Take care

You’re more than welcome, Francisashis .

Thank you for your thoughtful comment . I appreciate it.

You ,too.

francisashis says:

Most welcome.

2. Era – I am Doctor by profession who loves to write poetry and articles , a mental health enthusiastic , nature lover and very much interested in history and mythology .

You never fail to inspire us, Thanks a lot, Marie

Thank you, Era, for your beautiful, and encouraging words . I appreciate it.

You’re welcome, dear

My pleasure

3. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
    Bible blogger says:

So true

1. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
        Bible blogger says:

You are so very welcome

Well said Marie. Seeking Godly wisdom is important. Whatever we do may it be in accordance with His principles and guidance.

Thank you, dear . I appreciate your thoughtful insights as usual.

Indeed, seeking Godly wisdom for guidance is crucial.

Stay Blessed