The universe unfolds, enormous
Yet overflows with lonely places
Many unseen or unheard of before us
As we journey through life’s spaces

How can a world so big lack conformance
Each of us fighting to leave more traces
To be known as the most popular in the chorus
Forgetting to look at what’s before our faces

Engulfed in senseless contentious performance
Blindsided by fame and captured in baseness
Thereby creating a world amorphous

When you find yourself in the foremast
Turn isolation into a sacred place
 Increase growth and block out the raucous
Fellowship with your creator and let go of the chase

Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing… Psalm 68:6

Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit out of the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock and established my steps. Psalm 40:1-3

The world is full of lonely places and often times we find ourselves there, whether physical or emotional loneliness. Both are not pleasant to experience but they are inevitable.

It happens to everyone despite of your age, gender, religion, race, etc. Yet, some cultures or religions advocate for spending time alone once in a while for spiritual growth. It is a different feeling and experience altogether to find yourself in involuntary loneliness.

When you do, remember to turn it into a sanctuary. The key to beating emotional loneliness is acknowledging its existence and making peace with it.

It is not freedom from conditions, but it is freedom to take a stand toward the conditions. Viktor Frankl

Stay strong in this lonely season, and learn to embrace it with open hands. Reach out to friends and family. Don’t stay isolated too long, remember the world needs you, and you matter.

Thank you for reading. Happy Wellness Wednesday. Stay Blessed Always!

Reference

23 thoughts on “Growth: Lonely Places

Make that loneliness your sanctuary. I like that. Thanks for sharing Marie.

Thanks dear for your thoughtful insights as usual. I appreciate it. I’m glad you like it

You’re more than welcome.

2. Fredrick G. Kanja – East Africa – I am highly motivated with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal traits. As a dynamic person, I appreciate challenges and value the diverse opportunities and energy of working within a team. I am a team leader. My core values are integrity, excellence and servant leadership. As an individual, I like responsibilities, I am hardworking, I enjoy the challenges of new situations and derive much pleasure from improving my abilities in helping others improve theirs
    Fredrick G. Kanja says:

Am fully moved by this article

Though at times it good to be alone than around a negative energy

But Loneliness could lead to stress/depression ,worse even suicide.

Thanks Dearest for the Great advice +plus piece of sermons.

Am anchored to a comforting and compassionate Everlasting Father; I Bless His Holy Name

Well said! Great and thoughtful insights as usual. I’m truly grateful, and honored to have you around. Stay blessed always!

You’re more than welcome. The pleasure is mine as well

Amen, He’s always here whenever you need him. You’re never alone.

1. Fredrick G. Kanja – East Africa – I am highly motivated with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal traits. As a dynamic person, I appreciate challenges and value the diverse opportunities and energy of working within a team. I am a team leader. My core values are integrity, excellence and servant leadership. As an individual, I like responsibilities, I am hardworking, I enjoy the challenges of new situations and derive much pleasure from improving my abilities in helping others improve theirs
        Fredrick G. Kanja says:

Keep writing
        I enjoy reading your pieces of art / sermons.
        Hope you got my Email ?

Thank you, dear. I’ll continue to do my best God’s grace.

Nope, I did not see it. Have a wonderful day

3. Fredrick G. Kanja – East Africa – I am highly motivated with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal traits. As a dynamic person, I appreciate challenges and value the diverse opportunities and energy of working within a team. I am a team leader. My core values are integrity, excellence and servant leadership. As an individual, I like responsibilities, I am hardworking, I enjoy the challenges of new situations and derive much pleasure from improving my abilities in helping others improve theirs
        Fredrick G. Kanja says:

I wrote a mail thru’ your Email on your contact details displayed here on your blog .I don’t know where it got lost then . My Email is fredrickkanja95@gmail.com.

4. Marie Cook – I am a food lover, and cooking is therapeutic for me; it relaxes me and transports me to a quieter universe away from the noisy, busy modern world. I am a Counseling Mental Health & Wellness graduate student, wife, and stepmother. I love connecting with people from different cultural backgrounds through food, fashion, wisdom, and lifestyle in general. To be continued because I am still in the process of discovering who I am as I continue this journey called life. I promise to keep you all posted in the meantime.

Okay, I’ll check and see. Otherwise, I’ll just send you a quick email. Stay blessed

5. Fredrick G. Kanja – East Africa – I am highly motivated with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal traits. As a dynamic person, I appreciate challenges and value the diverse opportunities and energy of working within a team. I am a team leader. My core values are integrity, excellence and servant leadership. As an individual, I like responsibilities, I am hardworking, I enjoy the challenges of new situations and derive much pleasure from improving my abilities in helping others improve theirs
        Fredrick G. Kanja says:

Good. Be well

3. revaagarwal
    revaagarwal says:

Such a beautiful piece! let’s grow, spiritually and emotionally in those sanctuaries! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment.

Oh, yes, let’s use the ‘Lonely Places’ for our growth.

You’re more than welcome, dear

4. Subrata Mukherjee – A lawyer by profession, a writer, in love with Golapi .
    Subrata Mukherjee says:

Awesome

Thank you, Subrata, for stopping by. I appreciate it.

The pleasure is mine

5. Dr. J – Blessed to explore varied careers: Wordsmith and pharmacist And teacher of God’s Word These three simple lines from a poem composed in 1993 reveal three areas of interest or focal points which have become most apparent at this stage of my life. I seem to have a lot to say, and my attempts at blogging are indications of my need to follow Longfellow’s advice: “Look into thine heart and write.” Similarly I often quote St. Augustine who said, “To contemplate the truth and to share the fruit of that contemplation.” And so Dr. J blogs on and on. . . I continue to learned that "to express the soul in words is an art." Day by day, I am learning as I write.
    Dr. J says:

Thanks for sharing the beautifully expressed poem and the accompanying commentary capped off with the upliftng reminder that God has commanded an everlating blessing to us and our children for generations to come.

Thanks also for the likes and for following my blog. You are blessed to be a blessing, and you are indeed.

Thank you, Dr. J, for your kind words and wonderful compliment. It is my pleasure to share.

Indeed, God’s blessings are always upon us no matter our situations. Amen

You’re more than welcome, Dr. J. Great content by the way. Keep up the good work.

6. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
    Bible blogger says:

You can feel lonely but you can never be lonely. If you are some place without anyone else being around, remember triune God is always with you. There’s possibility of the devil trying to trick you. So, you are never alone. Remember, your Lord Yeshua Meshiakh is always with you. Halleluyah

Thank you so much for your thoughtful insight. I appreciate it.

Well said, God is always around even we don’t see or feel him.

1. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
        Bible blogger says:

You are so very welcome. One can see God with the goggles of faith. We walk by faith and not by sight. Nice one

You’re absolutely right. Thanks once again. You, too

3. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
        Bible blogger says:

Blessings

7. Growthucator – Growing beliefs and behaviors beyond limits.
    Growthucator says: