You can dance in the storm. Don’t wait for the rain to be over before because it might take too long. You can do it now. Wherever you are, right now, you can start, right now; this very moment. Israelmore Ayivor
Whatever you were planning for July, do it now. Don’t let current uncertainties stop you. No one knows when all these will pass but we have the surest captain on our boat – Jesus. He knows the way and he’ll guide you through the rain, fire, and storms of life.
Whatever you want to reach for, reach for it now
The goals that you set for this year should not be buried or laid aside. Do as much as possible. Of course, there will be hurdles, but don’t let that stop you from reaching your goals.
I recently reflected on my goals and I was amazed. I let the current situation dictate some of my goals. It was like ‘Oh well, I can’t reach it with a pandemic going on’. Then I realized that it was an excuse, because I could have at least made progress.
I have to reset my goal priorities, pandemic or not. I asked myself, “What happens next after all this is gone?” and I took some action.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
You don’t have to wait for sunny days to live your life. Trust that every moment of our lives matters to the God of everything – the good, bad, and ugly times. Act now in faith and leave the rest to God.
Some tips on Staying in the Moment
1. Read – Reading minimizes distractions and helps you stay focused and engaged. I usually meditate for 5 minutes before I read for pleasure or relaxation.
2. Write – Most often I write down things that bug me to clear my mind and refresh my soul.
3. Spending Time – When you’re spending quality time with loved ones you are forced to pay attention and be in the moment. Whether through physical or telephone conversations.
4. Cook – Cooking is always a great way to keep you in the moment
5. Meditation – Meditating on God’s word helps keep you centered and grounded in the present. Whenever I meditate on God’s word I am reminded of his presence and it gives me peace.
In conclusion, it is important to be in the moment while reaching for your goals without letting the current season discourage or distract you. This is just a reminder to “Cherish the Moment” and trust God.
Thank you for reading. Happy Wellness Wednesday – emotional health matters. Stay Blessed