I hope nothing steals your rest
For he said “Be Still, Know, I’m God”
Take a moment, stop moving, rest and refill
He can silence the rushing mind
And calm the anxious thoughts
If only you take a moment and “Be Still”
Know that nations and earth shall exalt him
With one word he silenced the raging sea
He uttered, “Be Still,” and the wind and waves cease
Without a farm he feed thousands upon thousands
The sick are healed at the touch of his garment
Gold and silver are at his call for the earth belongs him
There’s nothing beyond or above him
Therefore, stop, rest and Be Still

Photo by Markus Spiske on Pexels.com

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

Rest in God and let Him carry you through. Most often, we interpret this as a “feel good” verse, but it is more than that. Resting in God is more difficult than we think. Our minds are constantly rushing and flooding with endless anxious thoughts. And in an attempt to stop the cycle we intensify it instead.

That’s why we need God in order for us to experience or practice stillness. He has the power to help us be still if we believe him and take his word as a command and not as a feel-good statement.

Keep still and let Him do some work. Thomas Merton

When you allow God to do what he wants to do in your life will surely reap the benefits: peace and rest in the midst of whatever turmoil you’re currently experiencing.

Set time aside to be still and be one with your father. Especially, morning times before you start thinking through your to-do list. 10 to 20 minutes of quiet time and solitude with your father will do you more good than bad.

…all men need enough silence and solitude in their lives to enable the deep inner voice of their own true self to be heard at least occasionally.  Thomas Merton

Everything in this world encourages us to hurry, yet this leads to restlessness, anxiety, and disconnection with God, ourselves, friends, and family. Therefore, take time to Be Still, rest, and stop trying to fix everything. God is still in control and he won’t let you down. Stillness improves emotional health and mindfulness.

Thank you for reading. Happy Wellness Wednesday. Stay Blessed Always!

19 thoughts on “Be Still: Rest in Him

1. Bible blogger – I am an encourager. Encouraging fellow bloggers and friends. As we walk our life together. We need each others support and help. Don't worry what comes in your way. God will help you to overcome those obstacles. God bless you.
    Bible blogger says:

Being still and Standing still is the most difficult task for anyone in this life. Rather, we will prefer to go around. The Bible teaches us the secret to know God by being still so that he can reveal himself. Thanks for the sweet reminder. Be still. Be blessed. Stay home. Be safe.

Wow, thank you so much for the wonderful insights. I appreciate it.

Indeed staying still and letting God do what he does best is challenging. But nothing is impossible as long as we humble ourselves and ask for his help.

You’re more than welcome, dear. Thank you and stay blessed, too

Bible blogger says:

Yes, being still is not one time activity. It is a Lifelong learning and submission process. It demands dedication and sacrifice. It is a matter consistent persistence. You are most welcome dear Marie.

Well said, I could not have said it better than this. It is a process, indeed.

Thank you, dear, and have a wonderful weekend.

2. Bangon Kapatid – Philippines – This blog was created to give encouragement to our brothers and sisters in Christ who is suffering all pains, struggling and losing hope. We want to fight the depressions and sadness through the word of God.
    Bangon Kapatid says:

I am blessed with this post. And reminds me that we need to trust God… be still…. and rest with Him. God is good. he loves us…. by the way, I have nominated you for the REAL NEAT BLOG AWARD, please see my latest blog post for details. Congrats ^_^

The pleasure is mine, dear. I’m glad you are blessed by this post.

Thank you for your encouraging words. God is always working on our behalf, because of his love for us.

Thank you for the nomination, I’m honored to be nominated by you. But Ill pass this time. Have a wonderful weekend

3. Bangon Kapatid – Philippines – This blog was created to give encouragement to our brothers and sisters in Christ who is suffering all pains, struggling and losing hope. We want to fight the depressions and sadness through the word of God.
    Bangon Kapatid says:

Thanks also… God bless always….

Thanks stay blessed, too

4. The Hummingbird's Journal – Here at The Hummingbird’s Journal blog, you’ll find the perfect read that goes with your cafecito ☕ . The read's secret ingredients? Positive vibes & rays of hope. Welcome.
    The Hummingbird's Journal says:

I so agree that the hurry lifestyle has led to disconnection in my life. Thank you for the reminder of finding stillness in God!

Thanks dear. The pleasure is mine

5. Subrata Mukherjee – A lawyer by profession, a writer, in love with Golapi .
    Subrata Mukherjee says:

Winning creation

Thank you so much, Subrata.

6. PoetryHost – PoetryHost is an online platform dedicated to providing Christ-centred content through the use of poetry and spoken word. It was co-founded in 2019 by the husband and wife team Aundre and Phillippe Brown. The aim of PoetryHost is to create content which helps to bridge the gap between current generations and generations to come. We believe that God has blessed us with this platform in order to be a blessing onto others, connecting with people from all walks of life and bringing glory unto His precious name. At PoetryHost we also deliver: – Christian Poetry & Spoken Word Readings – Freelance Writing Services – Community-Based Evangelical Projects For more information, please visit: www.poetryhost.com
    PoetryHost says:

Amen, this poem is brilliant. “He uttered, “Be Still,” and the wind and waves cease” — Powerful line!

Thank you for great insights. I appreciate it.

Nothing is impossible with God.

7. Omo – If it makes me happy, I go for it. If it makes me scared, I go for it too. By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me is not without effect.
    Omowunmi Adebayo says:

Amazing post!!! We need to trust God always! Always!

Thank you, Omowunmi. I appreciate your comment.

You’re absolutely right, we always have to trust God. Even though it is a hard process, but he’s our helper.

Stay blessed