The world thinks I’m ignorant
Because my belief is unfathomable

My culture says I’m lost
Because I don’t hold their superstitions

The religious think I’m lukewarm
For believing that “Grace” and “Truth” can mingle

Photo by Magda Ehlers on Pexels.com

And the Word (Christ) became flesh, and lived among us; and we [actually] saw His glory, glory as belongs to the [One and] only begotten Son of the Father, [the Son who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, who is] full of grace and truth (absolutely free of deception). John 1:14

In this world, we often find ourselves struggling to fit in within our families, friends, schoolmates, coworkers, church members, political parties, etc. Yet, it is better to strive to belong than to fit in. Otherwise, you will struggle to champion new trials all your life.

Grace & Truth

Grace and truth aren’t really contradictory. Jesus didn’t switch on truth, then turn it off so He could switch on grace. Both are permanently switched on in Jesus. Both should be switched on in us… Truth without grace breeds a self-righteousness legalism that poisons the church and pushes the world from Christ. Grace without truth breeds moral indifference and keeps people from seeing their need for Christ.  Attempts to “soften” the gospel by minimizing truth keep people from Jesus. Attempts to “toughen” the gospel by minimizing grace keep people from Jesus. It’s not enough for us to offer grace or truth. We must offer both. Randy Alcorn

Photo by Levi Guzman on Unsplash

As a Christian, I am struggling, fighting to stay true to myself, and constantly tempted to prove to the world that just because I am Christian does not mean that I’m not a “thinker” or lover of logic. And to my fellow Christians just because I love other subjects and topics other than Christianity does not mean I’m not fully invested in my faith.

Fitting vs. Belonging

Many will devalue you as less intelligent or a non-thinker because of your faith. Meanwhile, most religious people will criticize you for not being religious enough. Either way, there is always a need to prove yourself but remember you do not owe anyone any explanation. God sees your heart and knows you by name.

You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
 You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar. Psalm 139:1-2

Stay true to yourself and keep working toward balancing “Truth” and “Grace”. We all need both in our lives and our society. Above all you belong to God.

Thank you for reading. Happy July 4th Weekend. Stay Blessed Always!

13 thoughts on “Fitting Vs. Belonging

1. Fredrick G. Kanja – East Africa – I am highly motivated with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal traits. As a dynamic person, I appreciate challenges and value the diverse opportunities and energy of working within a team. I am a team leader. My core values are integrity, excellence and servant leadership. As an individual, I like responsibilities, I am hardworking, I enjoy the challenges of new situations and derive much pleasure from improving my abilities in helping others improve theirs
    Fredrick G. Kanja says:

Wow! wow
    Am DEEPLY touched Dearest.
    This is very moving of my heart that I caught a glimpse grasping it bit by bit ; I felt the need to repeatedly read in between the lines to make sure amn’t missing a sense of it all .Have learnt so much about the Grace, Truth , Christianity and their relationship in subject to a Christ-like life

In mind I have Have that the Question ‘Why we mostly judging other while we sinning differently? . Forgetting the truth that only the works of Grace and Mercy have also kept us this far we are.

I can live my life only subjective to God alone and not to impress or proof anyth to fellow human beings .

Glory be to God for such a sermon

Thank you, Fredrick, for your usual thoughtful and insightful comments.

We are often too quick in judging others based on what we perceive about them and not what God says about them.

It is a hard, but we should only try to please God who sees us for who we are.

Thank you so much. Have a wonderful weekend

2. Alive And Well – I love Jesus and numbers and rules and puzzles and jigsaw puzzles and anything that contemplates God's patterns of life. I'm autistic. I live 15 miles from a very small town. I live with two cats, of which one seems to be like my shadow, always there. I'm old and I've seen a lot through the years.
    Alive And Well says:

thank you. We do belong to God and not the critics! God bless you.

You’re welcome, dear. Oh yes, we belong to him alone. Thank you, God bless you, too.

3. Kendi Karimi – Kendi Karimi is a content creator focusing her energy on; using writing to connect people and promote travelling from all over the world, creating sustainable living solutions through the Still We Stand Organization, connecting world-wide travellers to highlight the good and the dying parts of the earth and providing employment to street children who help with the Still We Stand initiative at www.stillwestand.org. She is also a creative entrepreneur who enjoys the occasional play with canvas and brush strokes and has published several books, some of which are available on amazon. She holds a first-class degree in journalism and has worked with fine establishments like Homeboyz radio, The Saturday nation, and Vivoactivewear. Kendi hopes to become a fully-fledged creative entrepreneur, find a permanent solution to single-use plastic waste and live a life of open expression through her writing. She is also a musician. Find her on social media @kendikarimi
    KENDI KARIMI says:

Eye opening article.

Thank you, dear, for reading. Have a wonderful weekend

I really loved this post. Grace and truth are needed. There is indeed a balance between the two and we have to remember that we are His and that is what matters , not trying to fit into the mold of what the world thinks is ideal.
    Excellent post Marie .

Thank you, dear. Indeed, we have been adopted into Gods family and will always have a place there.

5. Debananda Roy – Worked in different civil society organization , want to learn,share different kind of information that have value in our life. Exchange of information is welcome here. Together we can serve a large number of people... can be helping hands of each other towards development..
    Debananda Roy says:

Loving God does n’t mean one becomes illogical. There are many things in the world , science even could n’t explain it yet. Love mankind To love God. He is there in disguise, watching everything….. in many forms .. in many places .
    Liked your content.

Well said, I couldn’t have said it better than this. Thank you for your thoughtful insights. Indeed, God is everywhere.

Have a wonderful weekend.