She chose joy as her armor, today
And wears her smiles in the tempest

Her mind agrees to become her comrade
Because she takes charge like an empress

Pain, fear, anxiety coalesced against her
But she silenced them like an enchantress

For her soul finds its safety on the joy of the Lord
And her courage is absolutely relentless

She vows to rejoice and proclaim it the Lord’s day
For the joy of Lord conquers emptiness

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

Choose joy today. Tell your mind that you’ll rejoice today no matter what happens. Joy will be your vaccine against angst, fear, doubt, and worry. Today matters and joy can help you be in the moment to see, hear, taste, and smell what the Lord has in store for you.

Photo by Bekka Mongeau on Pexels.com

We already know that life doesn’t give us everything we ask for. Sometimes you can’t quickly fix the headaches and pains that life throws at you but you must learn to endure. Therefore, pray for the strength to endure while waiting and/or fighting for your breakthrough.

In the midst of it all; always choose joy, and let it teach you how to rejoice while you persevere. After all, you’re more than conquerors in Christ Jesus. Victory is yours in Christ Jesus and “Joy of the Lord Shall be the Armor of Your Mind”.

Thank you for reading. Happy Wellness Wednesday. Stay Blessed Always!

20 thoughts on “Joy as Armor

1. Maseera
    Maseera says:

‘She chose joy as her armor, today
    And wears her smiles in the tempest

Her mind agrees to become her comrade
    Because she takes charge like an empress’

So eloquently written

Thank you, Maseera. I appreciate your kind words. Have a wonderful day.

2. Era – I am Doctor by profession who loves to write poetry and articles , a mental health enthusiastic , nature lover and very much interested in history and mythology .

Beautifully written

Thanks dear

You’re welcome

3. Ancient Skies – East Coast – Poetry, love, nature, compassion, spirituality, culture. I'm always learning and growing. Welcome to my journey.

Thank you for this.

You’re welcome, dear. Thank you for reading

1. Ancient Skies – East Coast – Poetry, love, nature, compassion, spirituality, culture. I'm always learning and growing. Welcome to my journey.

4. Fredrick G. Kanja – East Africa – I am highly motivated with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal traits. As a dynamic person, I appreciate challenges and value the diverse opportunities and energy of working within a team. I am a team leader. My core values are integrity, excellence and servant leadership. As an individual, I like responsibilities, I am hardworking, I enjoy the challenges of new situations and derive much pleasure from improving my abilities in helping others improve theirs
    Fredrick G. Kanja says:

Happiness and Joy is mine :

Amen

5. Fredrick G. Kanja – East Africa – I am highly motivated with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal traits. As a dynamic person, I appreciate challenges and value the diverse opportunities and energy of working within a team. I am a team leader. My core values are integrity, excellence and servant leadership. As an individual, I like responsibilities, I am hardworking, I enjoy the challenges of new situations and derive much pleasure from improving my abilities in helping others improve theirs
    Fredrick G. Kanja says:

Amen Amen

Oh yes

6. Creative Journey of Kris and Aileen – Kris and I are both nurses and at the same time creative souls that seeks to inspire the whole world! :)
    Creative Journey of Kris and Aileen says:

awww, thanks for this wonderful reminder. I was listening to a sermon this morning about joy in the midst of chaos. It has helped brush away my anxieties. Thanks for following our blog! Cheers!

You’re welcome, dear. I’m glad you find it helpful. Joy, indeed, can help us soar through life’s most difficult moments.

The pleasure is mine, dear

7. thejourneyndestination – Believer in sharing and spreading joy in this journey called life ✨ Obsessed with desserts + documenting adventures along the way ✌
    thejourneyndestination says:

Beautiful message dear. God is indeed on the throne. God is surrounding us with His love and presence. Thank you for sharing your lovely and encouraging post! Have a blessed weekend and week ahead. God bless

Well said, dear. God’s presence always surrounds us, and his love is unending.

You’re welcome, dear. The pleasure is mine . Thank you, and have a blessed weekend, too.

1. thejourneyndestination – Believer in sharing and spreading joy in this journey called life ✨ Obsessed with desserts + documenting adventures along the way ✌
        thejourneyndestination says:

You’re welcome, dear

8. Nancy Nelson – Hellow I'm an aspiring lawyer and cs want to do something creative, write blogs on lifestyle, real life stories, fun and interesting blogs!
    Nancy Nelson says: