“Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will” Zig Ziglar
Creating a positive mindset to help weather the storms of life is not easy, but it is critical. When you have a positive mindset, you positively impact the people around you. For the most part, we all want to be surrounded by optimistic people, so we should strive to have a positive mindset, too.
I can attest that maintaining a positive mindset is very hard. I can’t tell you how many times I have gone back and forth overthinking things. By the grace of God, I also can’t count how many small wins along the way made life more bearable. If we want to add value to other people’s lives then we must create a positive mindset.
Mindset” refers to the ability of the brain to form points of view in order to adapt behavior, formulate lifestyles, rethink priorities, make choices, and pursue goals (Popan, 2020).
Ways To Create A Positive Mindset
- Reading, watch and listen to positive things: The ears and eyes are windows to our souls. Whatever we let pass through will affect us, so I try to monitor my daily intake of negative information. It is hard to altogether avoid any negative information because of our current world situation, but that’s why it is vital to increase our intake of positivity in order to adopt or maintain a positive mindset.
- Understand the power of negative information: Negativity is powerful. Countless studies have supported the notion that human beings are more prone to taking in negative information than positive. Do not fall into the negativity bias because “greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4)Protect your mind, be hopeful, have faith, and do not surrender
- Encourage yourself always: Sometimes we wait for others to encourage us, but we may not always be fortunate enough to have an edifier in our lives, so we must learn to build ourselves up, too. Guard your heart and encourage yourself like David did.
- Fill yourself with faith: Spending time with God can help you develop a positive mindset because as it is written “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:7).
- Have a winner’s mindset: Develop a warrior spirit of not giving up in the face of doubt and challenge. This is not the end, it is only a setback, you just aren’t there yet. “Be anxious for nothing” (Philippians 4:6)
You were created in the image and likeness of God. Tap into that greatness and see what surprises it holds.
- Knowing your true value: Remember you are God’s chosen one: Your validation comes from your creator and nowhere else. Low self-esteem or self-worth can cause mental health issues. Guard your mind by leaning on your worth in God.
- Maintain positive relationships: Finding friends is as serious as dating because your relationships can help build or block your destiny. Be wise and cautious about whom you let into your life. Find and value friends that help you create a positive mindset while you do the same for them.
I believe everyone should strive for a positive mindset for the benefit of humanity. Neuroplasticity is the ability of the brain to change, grow, and learn. We can change for the better if we gear toward a growth mindset instead of fixed mindset. (Popan, 2020). Renew your mind with the “word of God”. “New life comes from a new mind and new ways of looking at your life” Bishop T D Jakes.
Thank you for reading and stay blessed as always.