Sometimes all a wounded heart needs to hear is ‘I love you’

Love heals the soul and allows it respite from feeling broken or blue

When seeds of love grow within, the soul becomes like bamboo

It bends under the weight, but does not break, grows more with each morning’s dew

“I love you” may be just three simple words but there’s no end to the strength it imbues

“I love you.” Three simple words we utter almost every day, yet we don’t understand the power they hold. Many go through life eager for someone to say, “I love you.” Those they care for most may have left a void in their heart

These powerful words and can alter a loved one or stranger’s life for good. Never underestimate the power of positive words. We cannot know how many people experience mental and emotional health problems because they keep missing their dose of “I love you”. Of course the necessary “dosage” can vary from culture to culture and also from individual to individual, but that does not minimize its importance. Love is an overcomer.

And now these three remain faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Dr. Myles Munroe said there were several life principles common to all humans. Here are few:

1. Sense of value: Every human wants to be valued and feel value. When you are loved you feel value.

2. Sense of significance: Love makes you feel significant and lack of love gives the opposite feeling.

3. The need to feel important: Being ignored is very hurtful and leads to depressive symptoms.

Let’s learn to love, and say it to our loved ones. The greatest commandments Jesus gave were to Love God with all of your heart, all of your mind and soul. And love your neighbor as you love yourself. Matthew 22:37–39

Love has the power to heal a broken heart or soul especially when it comes from a place of authenticity. Let’s love those around us, because love lives within us and won’t run dry.

Thank you for reading and stay blessed always!

8 thoughts on “Love Heals

1. Ancient Skies – East Coast – Poetry, love, nature, compassion, spirituality, culture. I'm always learning and growing. Welcome to my journey.

Very healing and beautiful.

Thank you dear for you thoughtful comment. I appreciate it.

2. Island Traveler – Just A Dad With A Dream.
    Island Traveler says:

Beautiful & true. Thanks for sharing love & hope.

You’re welcome dear. Thank you, I’m glad you like it.

3. thejourneyndestination – Believer in sharing and spreading joy in this journey called life ✨ Obsessed with desserts + documenting adventures along the way ✌
    thejourneyndestination says:

So true – love is powerful, especially with everything that’s going on in this season. Love makes life beautiful. Thanks for sharing! God bless

Thanks dear. I’m glad you like it. Well said! Thanks for your thoughtful insights. Love is indeed powerful!

4. PRASHANT JAIN – PRASHANT JAIN