The Art Of Christian Living

Exploring & Sharing Life | Lessons | Experiences

The whole is more than the sum of its parts. Aristotle

You are not a failure if one aspect of your life aren’t going the way you wanted. You are more than the sum of the parts of your life. Look within and acknowledge the areas that are going smoothly.  It is equally important to pay attention to these parts of your life.

“All or nothing” or “black and white” thinking

As a blogger, remind yourself that emotional and mental health matter. Take care of your mental health and understand that in this life there are always things beyond our control. “‎All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” Henry Havelock Ellis. It takes time and discipline to learn what to let go and what to hold on to.

You Are More Than Your Blog Post

You may be tempted to pay too much attention to your posts or your number of daily views, which can defeat the purpose of your posts. Letting your happiness depend on success can be detrimental to emotional and mental health. It is especially important not to add more potential stressors to life with Covid-19 and self-quarantine resulting in limited contact with your community.

Remember that your blog does not represent everything about you. It is just a small part of your life that extends far beyond your blog. Your emotional health will benefit if you learn to enjoy your blogging journey, and what gives meaning and fulfillment. It is your creative process, use it to express yourself, and explore your talents while impacting others along the way.

All or Nothing Thinking Never Makes You Feel ‘You Are Enough”

In one class last semester I had a paper which was worth 3% of our grade but later our teacher asked us to resubmit them because it was increased to 10%. I made few changes and felt satisfied, but I was not happy with my grade and felt like perhaps I was just not good enough.

Experience taught me that 10% of my grade does not determine the remaining 90%. I had to change from black and white thinking to a growth mindset. At the semester’s end I was able to get the grade I wanted, but with the growth mindset came knowledge that receiving less than an “A” would not make me less than who I am. We should always remind ourselves “We Are More Than The Sum Total of Our Life’s Components”

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

There will be many wins and losses in life whether you are prepared for them or not. Being a straight A student does not mean you won’t experience bumps along the way, or you must have 100% on everything. That is not realistic. The same goes for bloggers; remember the knowledge and experience you gained. Don’t let unmet expectations stop you from enjoying your blogging, in the end it will all work for good. Thank you for reading and stay blessed always.

Related Contents
https://theartofchristianliving.blog/2019/09/24/the-courage-to-tap-your-invisible-potential/https://theartofchristianliving.blog/2019/06/22/a-mistake-can-be-turn-into-a-good-mistake-an-opportunity-learn-and-grow/https://theartofchristianliving.blog/2019/09/25/growth-mindset-vs-fixed-mindset/https://theartofchristianliving.blog/2019/10/17/the-opposite/

3 thoughts on “You’re More Than The Sum Total Of Your Life

  1. Ancient Skies – East Coast – Poetry, love, nature, compassion, spirituality, culture. I'm always learning and growing. Welcome to my journey.
    Ancient Skies says:

    Excellent advice! How did you know I needed to read this?

    1. Marie Cook – I am a food lover, and cooking is therapeutic for me; it relaxes me and transports me to a quieter universe away from the noisy, busy modern world. I am a Counseling Mental Health & Wellness graduate student, wife, and stepmother. I love connecting with people from different cultural backgrounds through food, fashion, wisdom, and lifestyle in general. To be continued because I am still in the process of discovering who I am as I continue this journey called life. I promise to keep you all posted in the meantime.
      Marie Jeanderine Cook says:

      Thank you, I believe sometimes we all need a reminder that we are more than just bloggers or students. I’m glad it spoke to you.

      1. Ancient Skies – East Coast – Poetry, love, nature, compassion, spirituality, culture. I'm always learning and growing. Welcome to my journey.
        Ancient Skies says:

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.