As I have said, the first thing is to be honest with yourself. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself. Great peacemakers are all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility. Nelson Mandela
Integrity is not perfection. It is owning up to your actions or mistakes. Your word should be enough in any situation or circumstance. Integrity means standing by your word even if it hurts your reputation in the end.
Integrity In Changing Society
We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles. Jimmy Carter
Though change is the only constant thing in life, there are
certain virtues such as integrity, humility, etc whose value remains the same.
Your ‘yes’ should mean yes, and your ‘no’ should mean no.
But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ Matthew 5:37
Integrity is needed in various areas of human connections. We
need integrity in our relationships with one another.
We need integrity in our workplaces because integrity produces accountability and ensures that everyone takes up their responsibilities without slacking.
We need integrity in school systems. Learning and practicing integrity in schools will help generate trustworthiness in our next generation of leaders and citizens.
We need integrity in our churches to uphold the true meaning of
being followers of Christ.
Integrity is also the corner of partnership, whether it is marriage or dating. Each party is expected to be true to himself/herself first, then to his or her partner to ensure the relationship runs smooth (trust me it is smoother than the alternative).
Why We Need Integrity
Integrity is the ingredient that will enable you to rapidly forge ahead on the highway to success. It advertises you as an individual who will always come through. Whatever you say you will do, do it; even if you have to move heaven and earth. Mary Kay
– Potential – Without integrity, you won’t reach your highest potentials
– Trustworthy – to build relationships
– Reliability – A person of integrity does the right thing when no one is watching
– Rewards – If you do the right thing God will fulfill the rest
When your actions match up to your words
– Honesty – Don’t promise the moon when you know that you can’t reach the sky
– Consistent – consistent about your behavior
– When you have integrity you’re the same person in public and in private
– Being True to Thy Self – Be honest with yourself
– Don’t do anything you wouldn’t like to read about yourself in a public forum
– Wellbeing – When you’re a person of integrity, you will not be a “people pleaser,” which will contribute to a better level of overall mental health and wellness
To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Donald A. Adams